Fort Wayne firefighters were called to 3513 Abbott St. at about 2:00AM Saturday morning. When they arrived they found heavy smoke coming from the home. A rescue crew found four children inside. One died at the scene. A second child died later at a hospital. The two remaining children are in critical condition. Investigators say seven people were originally in the home. But a smoke detector awakened an older child, who helped the rest of the occupants to escape. Investigators say the fire started in the kitchen when food left on a stove ignited. More information as it becomes available.