3 billion dollars...gone...in just a month “Its been great for the car industry, for the economy consumers are really excited about it” says Dimension Ford on Coliseum’s General Manager, Lance Lombrana. The Cash for Clunkers program started off late last month with a billion dollars...about a week later all that was gone. Then another 2 billion was added into the program. Lombrana hoped it would last 2 months. But that money is almost gone again in just about 2 weeks. “Everybodys taking advantage of it, everybodys excited about it” says Lombrana. He says theyve got weve got too many customers wanting to know, wanting to buy and not nearly enough sales people. He adds that they’re “hoping to sell the last 15 vehicles that qualify for the program.” Cash for Clunkers ends Monday, but for Dimension Ford on Coliseum, today was their last day. “Im trying to beat the rush” says Brian Nicola. Nicola came out today to trade in his ‘95 Chevy Blazer for a Mercury Mariner. He searched all over the area for a clunker buy visiting 8 different dealerships and even drove to Ohio after hearing that a few eligible cars were available. “We drove out there first thing in the morning and by the time we got there they were already gone” says Nicola. So after finding the last SUV on Dimension Fords lot, he snatched it up. He accounts for 1 of close to 200 transactions theyve seen since the program began. “Were pushing 190 to 200 transactions” says Lombrana. Dimension Ford decide to end today since all paperwork for the program must be turned in by Monday night. This weekend gives dealers a chance to review everything before handing it all in. And as far as rebates go, Lombranas not worried about getting paid. He says he’s already started getting paid for some of the transactions.