The fire started before ten o'clock Monday morning on the 1800 block of Bartlett Street. Crews arrived just three minutes after the call went out, but say the fire had already spread from the basement to the attic.
"Fire is an interesting creature," said Deputy Chief Leon Hurlburt of the Huntington Fire Department. "It'll find cracks, voids and basically what it did is traveled up the walls. If there wasn't insulation in them it just followed the wall up."
Officials say all 12 apartments in the building are uninhabitable and the Red Cross is offering assistance to victims displaced by the fire. No word a cause.